MTS is committed to using equipment that is fit-for-purpose and complies with recognised standards, and to providing best-practice solutions derived from many years of experience in the field.
Mine Technology Services (MTS) is a UK-based company providing the African mining industry with product, skills, service, auditing and training packages tailored for mining mobile equipment.
With operations based in Botswana (Sepia Solutions), we are Africa’s only dedicated provider of mining machine remote-control systems, proximity detection systems, and machine data and management systems.
MTS’s solutions incorporate leading technology with an outstanding level of industry knowledge, customer support and service.
We have distribution agreements with leading manufacturers including Nautilus, AutoKontrol, Brigade Electronics and Vision X.
Nautilus remote control solutions
- Radio-control equipment for all mining
- Line-of-Sight machines in surface and underground mining applications
- Tele-remote equipment for temporary remote applications
- Long term tele-remote solutions placing the operator up to 30 kms away from the machine
- Advanced Guidance Systems (AGS) using a complete mapping system programmable by the operator to automatically control the machine’s tramming functions through the mine
- Proximity detection safety solutions protecting personnel from mining equipment
- Remote control equipment for CANbus-controlled machines
- Advanced Guidance Systems for underground trucks
- Multiple-machine operation by one operator
Underground Loader Advanced Guidance System (AGS)
Introducing the most advanced but least complicated underground loader automation system to the African mining industry.
Mining Tele-Remote Control Systems
Introducing the Nautilus mobile plant tele-remote control solution for underground and surface applications.
Underground Mining Line-of-sight Remote Control Systems
Introducing the Nautilus TC5 Thumb Controller Line-of-Sight Solution.
Underground Mining Tele-Remote Control Operations
Introducing 4 different operations for tele-remote control underground mining.
Machine data loggers
MTS has several data logger options for collection of machine digital and analogue events such as engine hours, utilization, standing/idle time, and speed. This data can be retrieved by any hand-held Bluetooth capable device, Wi-Fi, and automatic uploading through a network or cellular G3. These applications are designed for underground or surface mining, but also can be used in any industrial application.
MTS has options on equipment health monitoring, including machine tracking solutions. This can be included with the data logging solution.